Private, cozy, and self-contained one-bedroom cottage near Portland hot spots!
Nestled in my backyard, this private 1-bedroom cottage is a 10 minute walk from antique shops, restaurants, bars, cafes, food trucks, and more! It's ideal for a quiet short-term home while you work in Portland or explore all the nearby food & scenery. This space is available to rent for periods of more than 30 days.
A beautifully remodeled space, this 380 sq ft cottage is completely detached from the main house. It's full of light, and I put great care into filling the space with a cozy mix of vintage and modern. Throw on a record from the all-Portland band vinyl collection, pick up a book to read during your stay, curl up to watch a movie, or make a meal in the fully equipped kitchen!
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Electric stove + almost full-size fridge
- Brand new dishwasher
- Washer and dryer in the unit
- Shower and small bathroom in the bedroom
- Full 1-bedroom with a pocket door (mirror on bedroom side)
- Small patio area
- Heating and air-conditioning
- Four skylights for beautiful natural light
- TV equipped with Google Chromecast
- Pull-out couch
- Code access so you don't need to mess with keys
- Little desk area
About the Neighborhood
The Sellwood-Westmoreland neighborhood is one of the lushest and friendliest of Portland. It's also super safe. It's the "antique district", and has tons of antique malls and shops to peruse, as well as lots of coffeeshops, bars, restaurants, a mom-and-pop movie theater, and other retail establishments.
Portland is a booming city! There is so much to do and see. The layout is a little different than most other cities—instead of having everything focused around one downtown area, each neighborhood has its own little main street. The Sellwood-Westmoreland neighborhood where the Knight Street Cottage is is no different. 10 minutes away you'll find tons of stuff to do. We're also very close to the popular Division, Hawthorne, Belmont (and much more) neighborhoods, as well as downtown.
There is ample street parking, and lots of nearby transportation. Take the bus from a main street 2 blocks away, or the MAX (our lightrail train system) from a station 10 minutes away. It's only 5 stops to get downtown! We also have Uber and Lyft in Portland.
First month and last month due to hold your reservation, as well as a small deposit. I may charge an additional deposit for pets. Pricing will depend on the time of year and length of your stay.
- Whether or not I will allow dogs will depend on the dog and its behavior! Let's talk about it
- Not suitable for parties or events
- No smoking allowed (including marijuana) in the Cottage or on the property anywhere
- The space is not suitable for small children